[Noisebridge-discuss] CQ CQ CQ de KA6RCQ

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 21:41:53 UTC 2009

> I am also a ham but have been inactive for several years. I would love to get in touch with other SF amateur operators.

i can arrange that. would you like me to add you to the list?

> Along a similar vein: I just setup a new HF (10-30m) vertical pointing out the window, and am not getting much with the propagation the way it is these days.

Would any SF hams be interested in a HF sked?

i don't have HF gear yet, but others do, and yes, there would absolutely
be interest. one member (gaspo) is up the coast and can't reach us via
UHF and would love an HF net.

> Is there a local VHF or UHF repeater that's popular?

quite a number. we use the Oakland repeater, WB6NDJ 146.880 PL77. others
are 444.850 K6KYA (Twin Peak, but very weak),  145.23 N6NFI at SLAC
(very strong), 147.060 W6CX (Mt. Diablo - very strong). There are a host
of other repeaters - I can send you my list off list.

K6KYA is on the win system which is a worldwide repeater system linked
via the Internet, so you can speak to people all around the world and
listen live on the Internet anytime.