[Noisebridge-discuss] Drink Restock!

Ani Niow avniow at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 12:15:40 UTC 2009

We met almost all of the drink requests on the wiki page, minus Honest Ade
that Costco did not have so variety is not an issue, the Mexicoke is proving
to be quite popular.

I would have to echo Christie in not putting food in the fridge, some of the
things inside of there haven't been eaten in awhile and were simply taking
up space to be used for things that not only more people would be interested
in but also things that help out the space financially. Someone mentioned
that a few of the European hacker spaces sell drinks as a significant
portion of their income. A certain amount of non-pay for drinks can be
expected but last time it happened it was a serious discrepancy. As Christie
mentioned, we calculated the best price for each drink that we bought and
put them on the fridge along with a "please support the space" statement.

I hope that this second drink run will prove more fruitful than the first
and I do hope that everyone enjoys the varied beverages that we acquired. We
did make an effort to go for healthier things by avoiding things without
high fructose corn syrup (besides the Coke/Sprite) and getting things like
fruit juice. Over time we'll get a better idea what people actually want,
the Pepsi went unloved last time for example and we didn't get any more.

You should all try the Mexicoke if you haven't already, give it a shot. Not
only does it have pure cane sugar but its in bottles!

Cheers,

-Ani