[Noisebridge-discuss] Drill bits blower for the shop

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Sat Jan 24 22:17:25 UTC 2009

* Michael Kan Kan <michaelkan_kan at yahoo.com> [090123 20:13]:
> I see a box with metric hardware in the shop.
>
> Does that mean that a metric drill set will be purchased for the shop?
> Want to purchase a regular English set for the shop if nobody does.

Much of the stuff people end up working on is put together with metric
fasteners, hence the box of metric hardware. Also, some are inclined
to use metric as it's much more of a global standard. There are also
others who may find it more convenient to use US Customary (aka
English, Imperial, standard) units.

I think both a set of metric and inch drills would be useful. Number
and letter sizes would be handy too... I'm sure any expansion to our
drill bit collection you're willing to provide would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone's interested, I can teach how to sharpen drill bits
using our bench grinder.

> Will likely work on the exhaust duct for the blower later perhaps
> on Saturday.

I'll be in later this afternoon to start securing the shelving units
to the walls (seismic safety!), can help out with some of the ducting
work as well.

John

--
John Magolske