[Noisebridge-discuss] Mercury vapor analyzer rental

Ani Niow v at oneletterwonder.com
Wed Jul 1 19:26:47 UTC 2009

So the amount of mercury that was cleaned up is equivilent to what you
would find in is of those little mazes you may have had as a kid. The
table in which it was found on was cleaned up (twice) and the rug that
was under the table was disposed of.

Mercury is definitely toxic and it is certainly a concern, but as
someone that was there during the cleanup, they pretty much got it
all. If there is any traces left anywhere it's gone by now. A mercury
detector and especially an entire hazmat team is wholly unecessary IMO.

If you want to be paranoid about it go right ahead, but if you had
actually seen the miniscule amount that was discovered this whole
mercury discussion would have ended days ago as it well should have.

-Ani