[Noisebridge-discuss] VA machines

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Mon Jul 13 06:14:31 UTC 2009

Current space is tight, obviously a newer/larger/shinier space is
right around the corner; this would be a good time to clarify how much
(if any) of a 'server room' we want.  I'm highly uncomfortable with
funds being used to power 4 cabinets worth of gear, especially without
a clear project or use case for them.  It would be good to start
brainstorming the layout and design considerations.  As Dr. Jesus
mentions, this was the main gist of my flag down.

Though I'm alarmed that donations (apologies, as it appears the DL380s
were never officially donated) can just disappear and that this act is
encouraged.  If projectors, drill presses, tables, lighting, etc other
'critical' donations just starting disappearing, the space would be
bare and missing basic infrastructure that we're all proud of and
enjoy using.  Setting a precedent for lack of respect to our fellow
members equipment and courted donators seems like a bad direction.

Placing equipment in a more suited environment is fine, but constantly
dancing around the bush where said hardware was taken.. starting to
tread the sketchy realm.

--Matt