[Noisebridge-discuss] 2169 Mission status

nils at shkoo.com nils at shkoo.com
Mon Jul 20 23:55:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Jeffrey Malone wrote:
> actually be double).  As for cleaning, I'm not sure as it also calls
> into question if we should try and solicit work from members/guests to
> cover this and try and save money.

This does not work at 83c. :)  We have a lot of people who leave crap
around, and if it wasn't for our regular cleaning the place would be a
complete pigsty instead of only a partial pigsty.  People regularly leave
half-eaten food out and beer bottles all over, especially after hard
partying on weekend nights.  We have a tough time getting people to
actually take out the trash and recycle.

I would donate specifically towards a regular cleaning service if I didn't
think that managing all the separate "x about of my donation must be used
for y" requirements would be impractical.

> But the opposite side to that is that we are bursting at the seams at
> 83c.  We routinely have a severe excess of people, and tensions are
> starting to rise.. I not only fear that our membership will not
> increase much beyond its current level, but that people will start to
> leave.  Already, many great people are avoiding the space because it's
> unmanageable.  I personally encourage us to work hard on numbers, and
> then do our best to approve this place if it's at all possible.
> I fear we'll die slowly if not, or at least have our own recession.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.  I've taken a lot of my project stuff
home to work on because I can only get things done at NB on weekday
mornings, and sometimes not even then.

-nils