[Noisebridge-discuss] 2169 Mission status

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Tue Jul 21 18:19:59 UTC 2009

d p chang <weasel at meer.net> writes:

> jim <jim at well.com> writes:
>
>> * where some have used the word "kitchen", there is
>> some agreement to purchase a used stainless steel
>> combination dual sink and counter unit. my
>> inexperienced guess is about $1000 (seems a little
>> high to me, do others know better?) for the unit.
>
> there's a 'salvage' place on folsom (just before 22nd) that has stacks
> (literally) of industrial kitchen suply-ish stuff like this.

conveniently, right at the loading dock there were sinks on either side.

the first picture is one w/ 3 'bowls' (only one robinet thingee) and the
counter is 'long' (easily 10') and has a lip the whole way around.

  http://xenon.stanford.edu/~pchang/up-20090721-000.JPG

the second picture is two stacked on top of each other. neither had any
fixtures (i suddenly cannot recall the word in english for the robinet
thingees), but have drain pipes.

  - the one on top is two equally sized bowls and the counter doesn't
    have a lip. total length might be 7'.

  - the bottom one has multiple assymetric bowls and the counter has a
    lip.

  http://xenon.stanford.edu/~pchang/up-20090721-001.JPG

they had some more in back but i didn't wander around the whole lot. the
guy there gave a range of 350-750. the smaller double bowl would go for
a little more than 400. he didn't have a new price but mumbled something
that made jim's guess of ~1k seem close.

\p
---
I am sorry to say that there is too much point to the wisecrack that
life is extinct on other planets because their scientists were more
advanced than ours. - John F. Kennedy