[Noisebridge-discuss] 2169 Mission status

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Tue Jul 21 19:02:05 UTC 2009

Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> writes:

> I suppose that'll do if we can't find something at auction
> closer.

closer?

> I'll still keep an eye out for property disposal auctions and see what
> we can get that way.  In most of these, you're bidding against the
> scrap market and not people who are going to use them.

i think you'd be bidding against these guys :-) from what i gather they
(charyn auctions) go to demo/refit sites and buy all the 'junk' and try
to flip it. i wouldn't have thought the profit/turn-over was that high,
but looking at the stacks of stuff there has to be something in it or
their warehousing costs are as close to zero as possible.

(for 'locals' they do have a very nice/productive blackberry bush out
back. no one seems to mind us walking back and picking our fill).

\p
---
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your
grandmother. - Albert Einstein.