[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Mate?

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Mon Jul 27 20:07:09 UTC 2009

Rubin wrote:
>As a member of Noisebridge, I would appreciate it if this topic was taken
off the
>list (possibly a new private list created for those who have voiced a want
to throw
>money into the pot).
>
>Why? This is a very loaded subject for some who want to (enjoy to) express
their
>opinions on what can and cannot go on in the space while not really
contributing
>anything positive to the thread (such as money or a place to store said
refreshing
>mate). Since this venture is truly not a Noisebridge expense, it only seems
smart to
>keep it off of the list.

So far the Club Mate discussion has been useful, relevant and free of
opinion drama. Whether or not the 501(c)3 is spending money on the project,
it's still very much founded in Noisebridge. Many different people have
chimed in with their relevant opinions. And the discussion has alread
brought up interesting other things like the financial facts around current
soft drinks in the space and info about nonprofits and sales tax.

If hackers want hacker drinks in hacker spaces, I think it should be
discussed on hacker space lists like this one. :-)

Lee