[Noisebridge-discuss] why is a new 24/7 space needed if classes generally occur in evenings?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:53:26 UTC 2009

We've already discussed holding classes offsite.  Some of the reasons
discussed include:
- Classes are our biggest draw for new members.  It's a great way for
people to check out the space.  If we just offer classes somewhere
else, you might as well sign up for community college or something.

- It's really neat to be able to cross-pollinate between classes or
individuals loitering about the space.

- By having classes in the space, it makes it easy to drop in/drop out
as the class interests you.

- Many classes use equipment that we'd like to keep around the space.
It'd be bad to be carting this around all the time.

I'm sure there are others.  But we're so cramped for space right now
that people are talking about holding classes and other events
offsite.  We lose all these benefits, though.  It's also not just
classes that make the space crowded.  A class doesn't even have to be
in session for it to be hard to move around there.

Christie

---
 Disrupting paradigms since 1967