[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus process

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:57:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Rachel McConnell<rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Consensus_Process
>
> There has been some excellent discussion on IRC about what to say, and
> whether to say anything at all.  Currently I'd like to keep this very
> vague and guideline-y, unless we all consense to have a more formal process.

It's a good start, especially the fact that it's on a wiki so it's
"re-configurable" :) In my experience, background context and basic
overview of decision-making process can be quite useful when orienting
a new participant/member.  Maybe at some point there will even be a
consensus process FAQ

A few years ago, we had someone from Kill Radio do a consensus process
workshop while they were in town and it was pretty helpful. There are
some local groups who can do workshops in this area as well (also,
facilitation training from "expert" meeting facilitators).

--mark