[Noisebridge-discuss] Keys

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Tue Jun 2 00:34:48 UTC 2009

Ani Niow <v at oneletterwonder.com> writes:

> Can I also say that I've been a bit uncomfortable with the idea
> and practice of handing out keys to non-members ever since I knew
> about it? Its not so much about the security issues of a lock which
> can be easily picked as we all are aware but the symbology of trusting
> someone enough to let them use our space whenever they please without
> having to have someone else let them in.

speaking as non-member, has-a-key-somehow, hoi polloi, i don't think
i've used the key very often, but it is actually useful not disturbing
other people in the space by 'making' them let you in.

on the other hand, i have used the key when no one was there to donate
books to the library which i now see could be construed as 'junk
donation'.

\p
---
Seeing much, suffering much, and studying much are the three pillars of
learning. - Benjamin Disraeli