[Noisebridge-discuss] adult themed posters in a do-acracy

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Wed Jun 3 02:00:43 UTC 2009

njc4523 wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:
>
>> Do you want to take that poster down? What kind of action are you
>> looking for from the group? It would help to put down some desired
>> outcome. It's perhaps not difficult to understand the resolution you'd
>> like to see when you suggest you don't want to see it. Still, it's
>> perhaps better to be explicit (no pun) with what you'd like.
>
> Like my post a few seconds ago, I'll try to be brief so as to not
> encourage this thread.
>
> Yes, I'd prefer there to not be sexually-themed material at NB.

Ok. Duly noted.

>> Also, can you tell us who you are? Are you a member who wants to bring
>> this as a discussion topic at a meeting (if so, edit the wiki, please)?
>> Or are you someone who's unhappy with this and such you're not
>> interested in being a member (if so, perhaps bring it up at a meeting
>> anyway)?
>
> I'd actually like to remain anonymous.  I don't anticipate a favorable
> outcome for me on this issue, and I'd rather not be labled as a
> troublemaker in what's essentially a social club.

We have a process (that you seem unfamiliar with; correct me if I'm
mistaken) for asking a trusted proxy to speak up for you. Does that not
work for you? In any case, I'm obviously in favor of anonymity but it
would be useful to reduce or increase your anonymity set by telling us
why and how we should care.

Lots of people shout that we as a group should do things. When that's
their only known input, regardless of their suggestion, it often falls
between the cracks.

Best,
Jake