[Noisebridge-discuss] High-grit sandpaper?

Noah Balmer noahbalmer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 02:19:53 UTC 2009

TAP plastics probably sells graded plastic polishes that would to the job.
Their NYC equivalents did, anyway.  I used to use plastic polish to clean up
the lexan balls I used for contact juggling, and it was capable of getting
the surfaces to a beautiful glassy smoothness.  I'd also suggest talking to
TAP about making plastic lenses.  They may have some other ideas besides
grinding epoxy.

Epoxy dust is not the safest stuff.  Because mixing ratios are never
perfect, it contains uncured resin or hardener.  Exposure often results in
developing an allergy-like sensitivity.  A dust/mist respirator is
preferable to cheap paper masks.

-N