[Noisebridge-discuss] IR Blocking filter material?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Jun 10 19:33:14 UTC 2009

What sort of camera is this?  I've been looking for a camera with just
that problem for a while.  Any time I try to remove the dichroic glass
that does IR filtering, the camera's optics go to hell.  Starting out
with a camera without much of an IR filter would be great.

You're going to have similar optical issues retrofitting the piece in,
by the way.  The glass's different index of refraction will wreak
havoc with your focus.  I hope it goes in smoothly, but it's unlikely
to, unless you put it before your first lens.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com