[Noisebridge-discuss] Exchanging GB Pounds to US Dollars while minimizing conversion loss?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:04:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Mitch Altman<maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if it's too late to chime in for this, but I have an
> account with First Republic Bank -- they have accounts that gives free use
> of any ATM in the world (refunding you any amount deducted from your
> transaction).  The rate they give is the one in the Wall Street Journal
> for that day, with no fees at all.  There may be other banks with similar
> offerings.  When I travel, I get all my money from ATMs.

Thanks so much for the info Mitch.  Yes, I just returned from Italy
and used ATMs to withdraw cash and a decent rate.  The question was
more along the lines of finding a cheap way to money transfer large
amounts with minimal fees.  I'm not sure of many ATMs that would allow
me to withdraw $15,000 in one day though ;-P  I will look into First
Republic Bank for my travel banking in the future.  It looks like they
are now owned by Bank of America...

Cheers,
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen