[Noisebridge-discuss] help finding cheap digital compass chip?

Adam Skory askory at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 23:00:56 UTC 2009

For a project I'm thinking of I want a cheap digital compass chip or two.

One can find digital compasses for less than $20 online, but I'm not
confident that I'd be able to salvage the chip from one of those. The
cheapest stand-alone chip I've found is $30. Anyone have any idea
where to look for something cheaper, or is just economy of scale that
makes a full digital compass cheaper than just the chip?