[Noisebridge-discuss] Laptop screen hack?

Marnia Johnston marnia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 23:57:50 UTC 2009

I'm new to NB and I've been told that the list is a great place to receive
answers to questions (or at least get pointed in the right direction). I'm
building a mini computer to put inside a log (clam shell style). I've got an
ATX motherboard, dual core cpu, and the rest. I'm looking for a small screen
(about 6-7 inches high by 10 inches long by an inch and a half wide or so.
It doesn't really matter how long as it is a log, just the height is kinda
limited). I've got DVI and VGA connetions but nothing that would work with a
laptop screen. The mini monitors sold for car audio/video have pretty crapy
resolution and can cost several hundred $. I'm hoping some one knows how to
hack a replacement laptop screen that would work in the log.
Any ideas?
Best,
Marnia