[Noisebridge-discuss] Google Grants

Quinn Norton quinn at quinnnorton.com
Fri Mar 6 21:51:46 UTC 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 10:14 AM, Andy Isaacson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 10:05:47AM -0800, Shannon Clark wrote:
>> I'd say "why not"
>
> Well, it's advertising.  I wish there were less advertising in the
> world.

Eh, I think there could be a good reason to do it. Advertising,
especially of this nature, can also be about findability, information.
If we find that we have something and lack an adequate channel to get
the information out there, this might be something to consider.

>> - free is free.

That said, we don't really have anything that needs advertising at the
moment. Certainly not things for which we are already a high up hit on
google- a waste of time is a waste of time.

OTOH, if, you know, we find we need human subjects for some projects,
this might be a good way of finding them... ;)