[Noisebridge-discuss] FW: [Fwd: FW from Eva Meyers: ExCEL Request for Proposals 2009-2010]

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 04:43:10 UTC 2009

If you take a look at the sample budget spreadsheet that I uploaded to our wiki, you'll see that the amount of money is not insignificant (i.e. more than $20,000!).  Surely we can put in a proposal that pays us somewhere close to this amount.

Here's the wiki page:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Sfusd_excel_program

I would love to teach kids how to solder and how to make cool things with microcontrollers (like I do every Monday at Noisebridge, and like I am going to do for a week in NYC next month at a high school there).  This could be one part of the curriculum.  What you just proposed could be part of that, or a separate thing.  Other people could come up with other parts of the curriculum -- the totality of which could be something like:  "How to Make Things", or something like that.

Mitch.