[Noisebridge-discuss] FW: [Fwd: FW from Eva Meyers: ExCEL Request for Proposals 2009-2010]

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Thu Mar 26 04:50:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 09:43:10PM -0700, Mitch Altman wrote:

> If you take a look at the sample budget spreadsheet that I uploaded to our wiki, you'll see that the amount of money is not insignificant (i.e. more than $20,000!).  Surely we can put in a proposal that pays us somewhere close to this amount.

I thought that was more of a format example rather than an amount
example.  Isn't 30 hours a week a little high for an after school
program?  And the example shows the organization donating $6400
in-kind which is way too high for, say, an electronics class.

It's been my experience that government bidding usually involves
parties who already know what the right price should be.  Unless
this is very different from the usual procurement process, I don't
think they can even tell us what the expected amounts should be for
fear of being accused of leaking information to the bidders which
might enhance their bargaining position.