[Noisebridge-discuss] Space Viewing Report: 2101 Mission Street at 17th Street, #204

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Tue May 5 01:56:26 UTC 2009

Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> writes:

> The ceiling is low.  Really, really, low.  There are multiple spots
> where I could hit my head just walking around (6' and a bit of
> clearance, so if I have any bounce in my step...)

eek! that sounds like a deal breaker already. it isn't like people are
planning on having races around teh space, but that seems *way* lower
than 8'.

> The other units in the building do not have the same issues this one
> does -- in particular, this is the only floor with the height problem
> (it's a mezzanine floor, probably a retrofit.)

that sounds about right (if one can judge from the pictures w/ the
warehouse/loading docks to the right).

> AFAIK this is the first space anyone's looked at -- I think we need to
> move on and see more of the market.

ahhh... a similar voice of reason sounded when we were looking to buy a
house. i pretty much thought all of hte places we saw were pretty nice
(until i was set straight w/ details of all of the things i was
overlooking :-)

> Also, I need to get in touch with our upstairs neighbors and see what
> their status is -- if they'd like to move out, seems we'd have a
> no-brainer on our hands.

meaning 'expand the empire upwards' or 'combine our efforts (to get
biger money/space budget)'?

\p
---
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
		--- Ashleigh Brilliant