[Noisebridge-discuss] Space Viewing Report: 2101 Mission Street at 17th Street, #204

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue May 5 02:12:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 06:56:26PM -0700, d p chang wrote:
> Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> writes:
> > The ceiling is low.  Really, really, low.  There are multiple spots
> > where I could hit my head just walking around (6' and a bit of
> > clearance, so if I have any bounce in my step...)
>
> eek! that sounds like a deal breaker already. it isn't like people are
> planning on having races around teh space, but that seems *way* lower
> than 8'.

Well, as Shannon says, I may just be claustrophobic. :)  Certainly there
were parts where I could hardly touch the ceiling (though I don't think
there was any part where I couldn't touch the ceiling).  The beams and
light fixtures were significantly lower than that, though.

> > Also, I need to get in touch with our upstairs neighbors and see what
> > their status is -- if they'd like to move out, seems we'd have a
> > no-brainer on our hands.
>
> meaning 'expand the empire upwards' or 'combine our efforts (to get
> biger money/space budget)'?

Sorry, I should have been more clear -- I mean "I (or someone) should
talk to the guys in 83D to see if they are planning to stay put, move
out in the future, or are looking for a sublettor".  I have no
information that they're moving, but I also have no information that
they're not.

-andy