[Noisebridge-discuss] Best Netbooks?

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Wed May 13 06:21:54 UTC 2009

Al Billings <albill at openbuddha.com> writes:

> What is the best netbook? Most of the stats on netbooks are fairly
> standard but I want one with as big of a keyboard as possible as I
> have man hands and want it, partially, to take notes in my doctoral
> program. Any suggestions?

they have a selection at central computer that you could try tapping
at. i think they had the hp one which reportedly has the 'largest'
keyboard, the asus ones, and something from lenovo.

all of the ones they had felt a little weird to my hands (which are
pretty girl-ish for a guy :-). i'm not sure if it is the layout or the
size, but my crappy typing skills were even crappier. i should say that,
i had a hard time w/ the 'full size' keyboard on someone's lenovo x300
(or something like that) that i was trying to type on at work the other
day.

\p
---
Most people seek after what they do not possess and are enslaved by the
very things they want to acquire. --- Anwar Sadat