[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Department of Homeland Security

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri May 15 21:30:22 UTC 2009

Absolutely agreed. Thus my statement early on: "I don't know how wise it
would be to present a NBDHS photography license to a law enforcement officer
and expect to not make him mad, but it's a very interesting legal question."

In fact, I've not advocated anything of the sort. Only creating such a
"license" under the guise of a Noisebridge DHS. As Autumn said, it's
realistically an art project and civil disobedience at the same time. I'd
hold it with the same satisfaction I'd hold an ACLU membership card (which,
btw, often does interesting things when you show it to an officer). Assuming
it doesn't say "US Department of Homeland Security" but only "Department of
Homeland Security", and instead of a DHS logo has a modified Noisebridge
logo, I really don't see what the issue is....

Is the issue here with the idea of a license itself, or the action of trying
to use it to get out of a police debacle? I'm only talking about the former.