[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Department of Homeland Security

Jeremy Fitzhardinge jeremy at goop.org
Fri May 15 22:13:01 UTC 2009

Seth David Schoen wrote:
> I think showing a police officer this sort of document would potentially
> unnecessarily complicate any ensuing legal case.  For one thing, it
> could shift the focus of attention away from the actions of the police
> toward the actions of the photographer.

I think it would be very unwise to show such a thing to a real police
officer.  But it might be useful to avoid unwanted attention from a
rentacop (but definitely not with a real agency name, logo, seal or
anything else, to avoid any perceived violation of 18 U.S.C. ยง 506(a)(2)
<http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/506.html>).