[Noisebridge-discuss] non-excellent couch behavior

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat Nov 14 08:05:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Rich Gibson <rich.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am confused.  Why should people who want to undo have primacy?

It's not "primacy" (that would imply that they have veto authority or
the like) so much as choosing the point at which it needs discussion.
Certainly it could be the undoers who should do so.

FWIW though (just to remind of a previous discussion, hopefully not to
reprovoke it), NB's current decisionmaking policy of anyone-can-veto
consensus where previous decisions are de facto continued indefinitely
until everyone agrees to overturn them has a similar conservative
bias.

I'm not saying whether that's desirable or not (personally I don't
really care; practically it's not my call), just saying it's true, and
that a 1RR (instead of 0RR) would be parallel to that.

But perhaps a tension between doöcracy (tends towards radicality) and
consensus (tends towards conservatism) is itself desirable. *shrug*

- Sai