[Noisebridge-discuss] MonkeyBrains donates a new uplink to Noisebridge

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Nov 28 00:28:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 01:14:55PM -0800, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> We're not using Monkeybrains for internet access at 2169 yet. A member
> has gone ahead and purchased this link out of pocket. It is not hooked
> up to the NB network.

Point of fastiduous clarification -- the $300 hardware and install cost
was covered out of members' pockets.   The "link" (depending on what you
mean by that colloquialism) is entirely a donation.

If we were to purchase a similar link from another provider we were
quoted $200/mo to $5,000/mo depending on specific parameters so it's not
as if the entire cost for a year of service was rolled into a startup
fee.

-andy