[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fwd: [FooCampers] Looking for open source biotech resources]

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 22:25:26 UTC 2009

anyone have answers for karl?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [FooCampers] Looking for open source biotech resources
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 17:03:55 -0400
From: Karl Schroeder <karlds at rogers.com>
To: <foocampers at foo.oreilly.com>

I'm writing  a couple of articles on open source biotech, specifically with
regard to its application in the context of global health care initiatives.
I thought I'd tap this particular network to see if any of you can point
towards good resources on open source biotech and open source health care,
both in general terms and for any specific projects that you know of,
especially in the developing world.

One question I'm eager to explore is whether open souce biotech has evolved
to a stage where it is segmenting into different sub-disciplines (open
source vaccine development vs. open source diagnostics, for instance).
Anything you can suggest for me in these areas would be great.

And if you're not working in the area or have no interest-sorry to bother
you!