[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame October pillowtalk

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 23:40:20 UTC 2009

Hey,

Thanks to everyone who came out and made this event awesome!

I want to thank Ani for putting together those amazing videos and handling
the slides, James and Miloh for having the audio/visual (including the
recording and internet streaming), all the speakers for their (once again)
amazing talks, and all the people who showed up and brought a great vibe.
The official attendance count was between 95 and 100, with another 66 on the
internet stream, making this the most attended 5MoF ever.

Video credits: the opening video included "Vincent" by Tim Burton, "The
Telltale Heart" by UPA, and a really funny Windows video that Ani put
together to the tune of the Radetsky march . The middle video was a trailer
for "Pink Flamingos" with a brief statement from John Waters himself, and
the final video was a clip from "Dead Poet's Society" with an epilogue
filled with BSODs to the 1812 Overture.

One final note: we had a brief episode where the paramedics had to come take
someone to the hospital. Everyone was very calm and allowed them to do their
work, and the person was taken to the hospital. Still waiting for official
confirmation, but I've been told they are better and have returned home.

Once again, thanks to everyone who showed up. Without all of you, this event
could not happen!

Until next month,
aestetix