[Noisebridge-discuss] Usenet Archives

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Wed Oct 28 18:15:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

Not to detract from teh drama but I am curious about whether any of
the old Usenet archives are available anywhere in some kind of archive
format, rather than on Google's servers. I know that they purchased
Dejanews years ago and at least one other old archive but haven't seen
any archives put together by other parties or available at this point.
Are there any?

  I've been searching for some of my early Usenet posts from the late
1980s and early 1990s and have found quite a few but not of the very
earliest ones (with one or two exceptions).

  Al