[Noisebridge-discuss] My mantra for today....

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Oct 28 18:31:05 UTC 2009

If I see something un-excellent in others...
    I will try to remind myself that this is an example of un-excellence....
        And, when my emotions get frayed...
            and I have a tendency to be un-excellent...
                how this may be perceived by others...
            not living in my head...
    or in my ego....
        I hope to remember.

When I see posts that I agree with...
    I will not reply "I agree" unless it adds real value...

In fact...
    If my email will not serve to add benefit to the community...
        I will not send it -- even at the cost of my ego...

Instead of asking "How could Bob be excellent..."
    I will ask "How can I be excellent?..."

In summary....
    What can I do today to service my community...
        to be excellent...
            and to inspire excellence in others...
    Let me focus on that today....