[Noisebridge-discuss] A call for moderation

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Sat Oct 31 00:01:37 UTC 2009

Since people seem not to be able to moderate themselves, can we please
moderate this list, or at least some individuals on it?  I'd complain about
the signal-to-noise ratio, but it's mostly still signal.  Unfortunately,
most of that signal is a handful of individuals exclaiming, boisterously and
in diverse ways, "LOOK HOW SOCIALLY MALADJUSTED I AM WOOO!" I'd really
rather not receive that, but I would like to be aware of what's going on at
the space.  (Which, lately, seems to be mostly just a handful of individuals
exclaiming, boisterously and in divers...)

I'd really like to be able to use -discuss again, and I would really, really
like it if our public face to ~400 people wasn't mostly made up of
reactionary and inflammatory posts like we so often see from Crutcher, Jason
Dusek, and Al Billings.

(Apologies to David Fine: This post isn't [drama], but I did add it to the
body here, since I have no doubt it's going to result.  Sorry to complicate
your system, but this needed to be confronted, and nobody else seems willing
to do it in public.)
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com