[Noisebridge-discuss] more free junk!

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 19:12:41 UTC 2009

Thanks to the kind help of Peter and other anonymous assistants, all
this stuff is unloaded and safely in NB.

I did hear an unpleasant comment on the way: One of the haulers said
"It's all going to end up as junk, so why don't we just throw it out".

I resent that.

I've been carefully sorting out the tons of stuff that pass through my
hands, selecting items that I'm pretty sure will be useful, and in all
cases, asking via email first if anyone wants these items.

In addition, I always state in my email that if there is anything left
over after everyone has picked over the collection, I will take
responsibility for  recycling and/or disposing of these items. I fully
understand how a place like NB could easily become a dumping ground for
everyone's unwanted items, and I have no intention of using NB as such.

I take the time and energy to store all the stuff until there is a big
enough pile, and then load it in my car and bring it over.

If this is not wanted, I'll stop doing this. But if anyone finds this
useful, I would appreciate an apology from anyone who thinks this isn't
the case.

I don't have the funds to support NB with money, but I have brought over
some pretty useful material donations, I think.

Michael