[Noisebridge-discuss] Deep Crack and the tone of the discussion

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Oct 8 08:13:21 UTC 2009

jim wrote:
>    it seems to me that some of this discussion has
> been excited but not practical, something of a furor
> over theories and hypotheses. why do we bring
> unnecessary emotion to discussions? seems like some
> unrelated frustrations sometimes get unloosed in the
> mix. it's a lot to ask that everyone write exactly
> perfectly; maybe not as hard to be mindful to take
> things easy (hard, but maybe not as hard), try to
> back off and allow more.

My impression is that we've been a lot less emotional and freaky on this
topic than on others in the past.  We may have a way to go to attain
perfection, but we've made significant progress.

I congratulate everyone on their excellence in presenting their
arguments, and I hope we can continue this way.

Rachel