[Noisebridge-discuss] Engels/Rangers or whatever

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Sun Oct 18 19:39:52 UTC 2009

Al Billings wrote:
> I really doubt that appointing cops for NB is going to make consensus.
> Who gets to choose them? What circumstances bring them about? What
> happens if I simply ignore them?

I am not sure if I am in favor of this proposal, I have to think on it
some more.  But the answers to these questions are clear to me:

Q: Who gets to choose them?
A: It would be a responsibility of membership.  Any member has to take a
turn.  There are any number of randomizing techniques for tapping which
particular person, who happens to be present, must do it at a given
time.  There would be times, probably lots of times, when none are
present at all.

Q: What circumstances bring them about?
A: None.  They're always around, and it's their responsibility to
remember to look around for garbage or things left un-put-away, to
remind others.  Many people simply forget these things, with no
malicious intent at all.

Q: What happens if I simply ignore them?
A: Nothing at all.  Maybe some people are annoyed at you.

Rachel