[Noisebridge-discuss] Open Source Bicycle Computer...

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Sun Oct 18 23:32:02 UTC 2009

Interesting -- I've used the ANT rf modules for a recent  project. I
knew they were in the Nike "smart shoes" but I didn't know about GPS
etc.  ANT seems to be widespread, and it's pretty efficient yada yada.
But the protocol is gnarly and they charge you $700+ for a
"development kit" that includes the documentation you really need to
use it. I got pretty far with the example code from Sparkfun.com, but
I wasn't doing anything fancy and I had control of both ends. Does
Garmin, etc. publish their interface?