[Noisebridge-discuss] High-speed WISP from monkeybrains.net?

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Tue Oct 20 00:56:56 UTC 2009

We have a few efforts already going down a similar avenue.  I hope to
connect to the City of SF's fiber network, using donated Internet
Archive bandwidth.  This requires mounting a pole, antenna, radio, etc
on the roof along with running some cables into the space.  Reoccuring
cost should be nil.

I've spoken briefly to Zedd & Jim about this, I'm waiting to schedule an
install for the other-side-of-the-link location along with ordering some
equipment (if anyone wants to buy some Ubiquti BulletM5 units or
antennas for the cause, plz to be stepping up).

--Matt