[Noisebridge-discuss] Hosting a sexuality unconference at Noisebridge? KinkForAll San Francisco wants to make some Noise. :)

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Mon Oct 26 03:24:18 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 7:36 PM, maymay <bitetheappleback at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2009, at 5:26 PM, Josh Myer wrote:
>
>  It would be nice to have the space not be used for big-space-consuming
>> external non-hacking events for a few weekends.  Especially for events that
>> (it seems) could find a great venue that would absolutely love to have them,
>> and could do so without interfering with their day-to-day operation.
>>

> Finding a venue requires people to look for them. Can you help me do that?
> If so, please add some alternative suggestions by writing to our mailing
> list, where we are coordinating KinkForAll San Francisco.

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but your email kind of reads as "Well,
if you don't want us in your space, you need to provide alternatives."  That
comes across as entitled and rather unexcellent.

So, here's a quick list of places I'm sure you've already called: The
Citadel, The Armory, Wicked Grounds, DNA Lounge, Glass Kat, ... and that's
just based on hearsay (I've only been to the DNA for goth/industrial clubs
and Wicked Grounds once at my friend's behest).  I'll bet there are also
plenty of shops along Folsom that would love the opportunity to get a gaggle
of people into their place for an afternoon.

HtH,
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com