[Noisebridge-discuss] Hosting a sexuality unconference at Noisebridge? KinkForAll San Francisco wants to make some Noise. :)

maymay bitetheappleback at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 05:21:56 UTC 2009

On Oct 25, 2009, at 8:24 PM, Josh Myer wrote:

> I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but your email kind of reads
> as "Well, if you don't want us in your space, you need to provide
> alternatives."  That comes across as entitled and rather unexcellent.

Nope, totally didn't mean it that way, thanks for giving me the
opportunity to clarify my intent. I meant it in the way of saying,
"Awesome, if you've got ideas for more places where I can look for
venues, please send those suggestions along."

> So, here's a quick list of places I'm sure you've already called:
> The Citadel, The Armory, Wicked Grounds, DNA Lounge, Glass Kat, ...
> and that's just based on hearsay (I've only been to the DNA for goth/
> industrial clubs and Wicked Grounds once at my friend's behest).
> I'll bet there are also plenty of shops along Folsom that would love
> the opportunity to get a gaggle of people into their place for an
> afternoon.

Actually, no, I haven't called any of these places yet, although I've
heard of all of them. I haven't called them because from the
information I have Noisebridge is the better venue, and I wanted to
give my preferred choice—you guys—the opportunity of first rejection.

Bringing up my desire to have an event like this happen at Noisebridge
on the mailing list was (and is) my attempt to take the local
temperature, if you will, and I'm happy to have gotten several very
positive and supportive responses.

I'll happily discuss why I think Noisebridge is more suitable than
these other venues with you, if you're interested. There is also a
wealth of prior discussion and information about what makes for a
suitable KinkForAll venue on both the KinkForAll Mailing List and wiki.
[0]

Cheers,
-maymay
Blog: http://maybemaimed.com