[Noisebridge-discuss] Be Excellent to one another

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Oct 28 07:35:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
>  - Please don't smoke on the fire escape (either pot or tobacco).

*Is* there a good place to smoke?

I ask because I have a legit medical need for the stuff on occasion
(which a few of you have witnessed).

I totally understand and agree with the reasons given for why it's
problematic, just wondering what a viable alternative might be.

>  - Please don't buttonhole people and talk at them incessantly for hours
>   on end as they attempt to escape with increasingly frantic social
>   cues.

Perhaps such cues might be benefited with a fallback of an
explicit-but-polite demurral... it's not really helpful to anyone
concerned if one relies on cues that the other person isn't getting
and/or heeding. Obliviousness is common enough as a geek trait that it
oughtn't cause too much angst (or accusations of intentional
boorishness) to address.

- Sai