[Noisebridge-discuss] Be Excellent to one another

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Wed Oct 28 15:22:10 UTC 2009

Sai Emrys wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
>>  - Please don't smoke on the fire escape (either pot or tobacco).
>
> *Is* there a good place to smoke?
>
> I ask because I have a legit medical need for the stuff on occasion
> (which a few of you have witnessed).
>
> I totally understand and agree with the reasons given for why it's
> problematic, just wondering what a viable alternative might be.

May I suggest somewhere that isn't Noisebridge?

It is likely legal and legit for you to bring a cat into the space.
However many members have expressed health concerns about cat dander and
it would be exceedingly non-excellent to bring one to 2169. It's my
understanding that this is a similar concern with smoke of many kinds.
Many people have issues with tobacco or other smoke. You should likely
use your best judgment. In case you're still unsure, it sounds like not
smoking in or around the space is likely a good safe choice. The alley
out side of 83c is a known good place for such activities. :-)

I am reminded of the phrase:
"You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

But you know, for smoking rather than staying; unless you're smoking. :-)

Best,
Jake