[Noisebridge-discuss] Be Excellent to one another

Brian Molnar brian.molnar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 02:51:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Jesse welz <welzart at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's a bit assuming to think that no one cares about Miah's
> concerns facing transphobia. I for one do care...

Yes, sorry, I forgot to include my <hyperbole></hyperbole> tags. Let me
rephrase that. "Most people don't care." Besides I wasn't speaking to the
issue of transphobia as a whole, just to this specific case of someone
making a mountain out of a molehill.

One of things I love so much about Noisebridge is the fact it is
> accepting of everyone, including trans-people and after seeing some
> transphobia emerge through this off topic part of the smoking thread

Really? Where is the transphobia in this thread? No one is discriminating
here.

I really hope you are not confusing transphobia with apathy. I, for one,
certainly don't discriminate against trans-people. I just simply don't care.
I'm sorry. I hate to say it, but it just doesn't matter to me that much. Ya,
the situation sucks that there are so many people in this world that
actively discriminate against trans-people, but I am not one. And
unfortunately I'm not motivated enough to champion your cause either. So I'm
stuck here in the delicate position of not caring.

So I'll continue to not care and do my part. Cause if everyone cared as
little as I did, then there wouldn't be a transphobia problem, and the fact
that someone is transgendered would matter no more than the color of
someone's hair.

Apathetically yours,
- Brian