[Noisebridge-discuss] Blade Runner: Noisebridge Halloween Cyberpunk SFZero Thing, Saturday Oct 31 19:00

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Oct 30 19:22:19 UTC 2009

Jeffrey Malone wrote, On 20091030 115419:
> I don't want to be an ass about this, but who will be "running" this
> event at Noisebridge?
>
> I ask, because when we discussed this previously, a major concern of
> mine was preventing Noisebridge from becoming an open party anyone
> from the street could walk into.  Before talk mysteriously ceased a
> month ago on this topic, it was assured that there would be someone at
> the door only allowing people who were known to Noisebridge and sf0
> participants (ie, wearing an armband) in, thus restricting the random
> people to those who were exhausted from running around the city for
> several hours.  Is this still the plan?
> The other obvious concerns of "crowd control", clean up, etc are also present...

As I've announced at previous meetings (such as the one this past
Tuesday)...

* I'm organizing this and will be around for all of it.
* Yes we'll have a door person who'll only be allowing in members and
guests of Noisebridge, and SF0 participants.
* Volunteers for the SF0 game will be around today, Saturday and Sunday
for cleanup, setup, and take down.
* I am the crowd control.

I thought I was pretty clear with all that in past meetings. Repeating
the nitty gritty details of each of your questions/concerns during every
meeting would have added extra time to the asked "no more then one
sentence about your event" rule.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net