[Noisebridge-discuss] Blade Runner: Noisebridge Halloween Cyberpunk SFZero Thing, Saturday Oct 31 19:00

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Fri Oct 30 21:14:37 UTC 2009

For me to have a husband would be homosexual.
Thus, my statement was accurate, and contained no slurs.  It stated a
simple fact.

Anyway, yes it indeed was a joke.  I specifically do not use the word
"gay" as a slur, but I don't consider it a taboo word either.  I never
viewed it as a statement that people would take offence to, and
therefore clearly never intended to offend anyone.
So while this may come as a surprise to many, I for once have not
tried to offend someone, and even weirder, and sorry if I did.

Additionally, the phrase "No, that would be gay" is a boderline meme
at Noisebridge.

Jeffrey