[Noisebridge-discuss] A call for moderation

maymay bitetheappleback at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 02:48:13 UTC 2009

On Oct 30, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Josh Myer wrote:

> to be quite frank, if people would wait an hour after writing your
> email to hit "send," I suspect the list would be a much more
> peaceful, helpful, and useful place for us all.

Yeah, this an amazingly effective strategy. I didn't realize just how
effective it was until recently, but when I did I adopted something
similar, except with a 20-minute wait.[0]

Interestingly, according to some neuroscientists, 20 minutes is the
*minimum* amount of time it takes to "clear the body of the
physiological arousal of" most emotions. I found this to be true for
me, at least.

A brief slideshow for more info on emotional management (and
leadership, actually), for those interested is here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14974565/Emotional-Quotient

Cheers,
-maymay

EXTERNAL REFERENCES: