[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control and the DJ booth

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Sep 30 19:39:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:34 PM, grey <artkiver at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have said from our first meeting in a physical location all donations of
> property are just that, no strings attached.

That's a policy of "what kinds of donations do we accept?"

It doesn't counter the law, which says that the *owner* gets do decide
whether something is a donation or not, and has to take an explicit,
consensual action to make it a donation.

The attitude that everything that's in the space and not under
someone's immediate personal control is necessarily a donation seems
to me to be both hostile and illegal.

- Sai