[Noisebridge-discuss] A visitor from the UK.

Andrew Back arback at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 23:01:03 UTC 2010

Hi Sai,

On (13:53 06/04/10), Sai Emrys wrote:

> Fellow geeks are always welcome to just drop by. ;-)

Great, thanks.

> This Thursday will probably be fairly quiet (I don't see anything
> scheduled). Usually Tuesday evenings and 3rd Thursdays are the
> busiest.

I think on Thursday I'll likely just unpack and adjust to local time. And
perhaps drop by Fri, Mon or Tues. Would it be advisable to ping the list or
jump on IRC beforehand?

The Circuit Hacking event on Monday would be quite useful if there is a
chance to do some surface mount soldering (never done this and would like to
learn).

> A lot of people like the Exploratorium. It's IMO a little too
> child-focused (i.e. you'll probably have seen a lot of it before at
> least conceptually, rather than it being a pure cornucopia of
> newness), but still, it has a whole lot of exhibits that are neat to
> play with. Very hackery.

Yeah, the Linux Foundation had the evening social event there last year.
It's fun, and, as you described :o)

> There are nearby museums that are fairly good, like the DeYoung art
> museum and the California Academy of Sciences (these two are literally
> across the street from each other). Not sure what you'd be into.

Great, I'll look them up.

Regards,

Andrew

--