[Noisebridge-discuss] Unconference about the future of journalism and online media

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 19:33:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Leif Ryge <leif at synthesize.us> wrote:
> This sounds like a fun conference, but charging admission at noisebridge
> is not cool.
>
> Your eventbrite page currently says there are 41 free early bird tickets
> left, after which there are 50 tickets available for $10, and 10
> "sponsor packages" for $240.
>
> If you expect there to be more people interested than noisebridge can
> accommodate, you should find another venue.
>
> If not, I hope you're OK with voluntary donations.
>
> Also, note that other people will be using the space for other purposes
> during the conference.

Hi, sounds like a worthwhile event. I'm definitely interested in the
subject matter.

Ideally eventbrite would allow you to collect a "suggested donation"
rather than "ticket price"?

The only thing I've heard of at noisebridge resembling paid admission
would be a class where participants were asked to pay for the cost of
materials.

--mark B.