[Noisebridge-discuss] Is there interest in an SMD practice electronics kit?

d p fenn weasel at meer.net
Fri Aug 13 18:15:59 UTC 2010

> So if there is a fun kit and maybe some guidance around to help me get
> over my fears I would definitely be up for it!

i'm not sure if it qualifies as fun, but i've seen people use this as a
pretty good starter/intro.

  http://www.jenrathbun.com/Electronics/?page_id=193

the # of led bits give you a little practice w/ the tweezer technique (if
just to get the orientation right).

i would recommend fucking up a few things so that you can get a feel for
how to undo mistakes. it is usually doable w/o screwing parts up (until
you try to do things w/ huge pads to the ground plane), but getting used
to the braid in the tweezers/etc takes a couple tries.

\p